Sunday, September 25, 2011

the big smoke

Got up relatively early to catch the train with mum to the city. We got there on time.. we had morning coffee at the cupcake place in degraves street... as I like that cupcake store better than the big chain that is all around the city. Had a mini mocha cupcake and a cup of coffee for $4.50 (good value) then went and checked in to the hotel....went and had roll with ham cheese and tomato on it...i had a headache so I had a lie down til about 3 then went and had afternoon tea. I had just a coffee this time... and starved myself for the other few hours (saving myself for dinner)

Did my face up and popped make up on plus my fun and funky earrings...changed dresses etc and left.. walked to fed square .. which was packed with footy goers..I guess it was the semi finals between the hawks and collingwood two big teams... and it was a sell out.. so of course nearly all the eateries and bars were packed out.. I opted out for standing outside acmi. Ang was her usual self.. late.. but not too bad this time. Cat was there too.

We walked to china quite a posh place.. but the food was totally worth it.. with some nice wine.. i ordered prawn toast...and then for mains I ordered ginger fish and rice... it was cooked beautiful. even if we did take about an hour deliberating what we wanted to order and ang tested the knowledge of the waiter..with wine and food.. he seemed to be able to answer all her questions.. which is a great thing... considering how fussy we all are...

We then went on to the berlin bar where we had a cocktail each... whopping sizes too.. i will go back there though one day.. the one i ordered sounded nice but tasted like raspberry cough medicine it was not so great.. the place was decked out nicely... the waiters were quite beautiful too..after that we wanted to go out out.. but my tummy was terrible...far out something upset it.. so I had to skip the rest and head home..alas I was a little annoyed but there was nothing I could do as I got the trots...

Alas went back to the hotel room and made myself a cup of tea.. which helped sooth my tummy.. i went to sleep about 3am.. and am still trying to catch up now... went to bed at 10 sat and 10 last might.. quite early for this night owl. Id love to go to the beach house with them but I know in myself I am not well enough.

The next day mum and I went shopping.. i bought two dresses and one top thing to go over it. Had morning coffee at brunetties in myer. A little bit of retail therapy then we went and had lunch at this place in crown.. i ordered ricotta raviloi with burnt butter sage and spinach and mushrooms.. the chef was a tad heavy handed with the salt... added a bit too much..i could only eat half.

Well the train home was not kind of glad that we caught the earlier one home.. as its the first weekend of the school holidays... and the melbourne show is on.. id love to go but i know id spend wwaaaaaayyyy tooooo much money on crap that I do not need. Especially on show-bags.

Yesterday... we still have a lot of lemons so i made lemon slice for everyone.. we only kept a little bit of it. The rest is to give away. Its a sunny 22 today i think i will for a walk.

ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment